WHAT SHOULD BE IN YOUR WINTER MAKE-UP BAG
Christmas is fast approaching and just like your wardrobe your make-up bag can do with a refresh before the cold weather kicks in. In Ireland our skin takes a harsh blow when winter hits. Also its party season and I wanted to list some must haves to take you from desk to dinner with the least amount of effort.
1. LANCOME Creme Mousse Confort. This cleanser is like a cushion for your skin, so comforting and nourishing. It lathers up easily and leaves a soft balmy texture when washed off. I love using this if my skin needs an extra treat or its feeling extra sensitive. Great price point to.
2. I used this serum a few years back and instantly felt the benefits. During the winter your skin becomes so dry and dehydrated. Its the ultimate multitasker for your skin. The serum helps reduce fine lines, dullness and dehydration restoring a healthy glow, plumpness and radiance.I love the feel of this on my skin and my makeup always sits like a dream over it.
3. LIPS LIPS LIPS. I don't know about you but in the winter months my lips are so dry they become sore and cracked. Nothing works for me I have endless tubes of lip conditioner. This is a bit expensive but worth every penny, you can buy it in Space NK. It smells divine and leaves your lips full, hydrated and protected.
4. Bobbi's tinted moisturizer is my favorite, it comes in a great range of color. Its lightweight, easy to apply with your hands and its the perfect product for women on the go, or when applying their makeup on public transport. It glides on easily with your hands, evens skin tone, adds hydration and radiance.
5. MAC prep & prime pens are the perfect conceal and correct product. They come in a few different shades, medium being very popular with Irish skin tones. What I love about these is that they hydrate and plump the under-eye whilst giving coverage.
6. KEEP IT LOOSE MAC cream blush. This product never leaves my makeup bag. Its the most perfect blush pink, not too strong not to sheer. Its balmy texture gives an instant youthful look to the skin an its so easy to apply, dab it onto the apples of the cheek with you ring finger and you can also apply a small amount over your freshly hydrated lips.
8. The perfect party pout. We all have a red lipstick we love but if you wanted something a little bit different and a bit more daring Relentlessly Red from MAC is amazing. An ultra matte texture, its a cherry red, looks more like a deep, dark pink. I love it on all skin tones, its definitely worth a try.
9. SWEET HEAT MAC in extra dimension eye shadow. This formula is incredible from MAC. Its a powder formula but feels cream to touch and looks highly metallic to the eye. This dusted across your eyelids, with a smudgy brown eye kohl and a layer of mascara and you will be party ready.
10. WHISPER OF GUILT MAC in extra dimension highlighter. This is a limited edition highlighting powder MAC release every Christmas this year will not disappoint so keep your eyes peeled. It gives the most high shine beam on the skin and the smallest amount with give you skin the most incredible glazed finish.